Monday, January 25, 2016

I'm Baaa-ck!

I haven't posted in forever!

Never fear; I'm still here. C and I have just been crazy busy finishing up the new house we just built (primarily by one builder we hired, but C did all the electrical wiring and put in all the flooring except for the carpeting, and both of us helped stain wood inside and out and paint). Between teaching and finishing up the semester and working on the house, I ran out of time to do much of anything else.

Anyway, we call the house our "fancy cabin," and I can't wait to see if the bulbs I put in come up in the spring, or if the critters ate them. I'm told the deer don't eat bulbs but like to move them around. So there may be tulips and daffodils and hyacinth and all else popping up in weird places.

It's a peaceful place, very quiet, and I hope to get tons of writing done here. Here is a pic of my favorite spot in the house: the loft, which will double as a third bedroom and as a work space.



More later!

2 comments:

Rita Scranton said...

Fantastical!

Joyce said...

I get to be a big trouble maker again!