Friday, May 1, 2015

Oaks/Derby 2015

Hello, fellow horseplayers, I know you've not seen anything from me lately but a barrage of posts about my novel. Never fear, I'd never shirk my duty on the Derby! I'm afraid I'm getting to this rather late today since my tummy was giving me problems this morning, so all I've got are Oaks, Woodford, Derby picks. 

In the Oaks, I want to like Stellar Wind, but John Sadler does horribly when he ships out of California. So she's nothing approaching a single. So really there are any number of fillies that could step up. I like Larry Jones a lot, so I'm not leaving out his two entries. And Joel Rosario will be a big threat on Condo Commando. I also like Birdatthewire. Yeah, I'm spreading there, but if you have deeper pockets, you might consider adding the 1 horse as well as a potential upset.

This year's Kentucky Derby is the most competitive one I've seen in quite some time. But I have to pick somehow and frankly, I have a soft spot for big ole Dortmund. That horse is a freak. Still, American Pharaoh is not to be trifled with either. I hate to pick the two favorites, but those two stand out head and shoulders for me. It should be something to see them tackle each other. Either way, I think Bob Baffert will win the Derby this year unless there is a total pace meltdown and some horse at 50-1 shuffles over the wire first.

More tomorrow, I hope.

Oaks-Woodford-Derby Ticket

Oaks: 5,7,8,12,13
Woodford: 1,5,7,8
Derby: 8,18

No comments: