Friday, May 16, 2014

Preakness 2014 Picks (UPDATED)



There are plenty of bets to make throughout the day, but I'll just give four choices for Races 8-12. I'll tweet actual Pick 5 and Pick 4 tickets tomorrow when I bet them.

Race 8: 1, 2, 3, 4 (9 is a scratch)
Race 9: 2, 3, 6, 7 (9 and 10 should do well too, so since you can go deep with a .10c bet and there's a mandatory payout today, include them)
Race 10: 1, 2, 4, 10 (8 is a scratch)
Race 11: 3, 6, 8, 9 (consider 1 and 5 as well)
Race 12: 3 (single California Chrome)

For Race 12 exacta, trifecta, superfecta, I like 7 and 10 since the pace should set up for closers, although I'm thinking 1, 5, 8 might hang on for a piece of the bottom. Note that this is really just a "tune-up" race for Kid Cruz (7), who is pointed at and bred to run long in the Belmont, but since this horse has won twice over this Pimlico course, I wouldn't be surprised to see him run second or third. I think Chromey will win it, but he will offer very little value, so the only value is in the gimmicks. Added note: a lot of 'cappers are high on the 4, who looked good headed towards the Derby but passed on the race because of a bruised hoof. Add him to the exotics.

Good luck!


No comments: