Wednesday, February 26, 2014

OK, Interpret This Dream

I was just cleaning out my inbox and found this email that I sent to myself about two months ago. It was about a dream I'd had, and I wanted to get it down before I forgot it. It went like this:

"A group of human beings had been captured and we were being held within a city in a huge factory where we were kept under close surveillance as we were forced to do work for our "masters." There were cameras and large flat screen monitors everywhere, even in the bathrooms. Very Big Brotherish.
We were all chipped, at first with bracelets that were not removable, but if you were smart, you'd be able to find a place out of sight of a camera and with a quick click of something sharp, dig the chip out of the bracelet or just cut it so it wouldn't work. Problem was, this would give you only the freedom to have your own thoughts and communicate with others who had also damaged their chips for a short while until they realized you'd disappeared from their radar, and they would rechip you.
Eventually people just gave up except for a small group of us, who would steadfastly ruin our chips whenever we could and in the short times available to us try plotting a way out, but we got caught over and over and were separated, rechipped, moved to new living quarters, etc.
I was one of the worst of the offenders and finally they just chipped me in my arm in a way I just couldn't dig it out. I was growing morose and desperate. I looked out the window and saw a man working in a garden. I crashed through the window with another brother and my brother (we called ourselves brothers and sisters, those who rebelled). Alarms were going off and he lifted a hatchet from the gardener's work kit and chopped off the lower part of his arm. "Do it," he said to me, so I clenched my teeth and laid my arm on a table and he chopped off the bottom part of my arm.
We began sprinting away.
I woke up.
And the first thought that popped into my head was: "This is a metaphor for the Resurrection of Christ."

Now, reading this, something in the back of my brain tells me the concluding statement makes sense. But as yet I'm unable to articulate it. I think it has to do with freedom for humanity, but the connection is still fuzzy. Thoughts?

No comments: