Thursday, September 19, 2013

Swamped! And Here's Why


Here is the gospel truth. For some time now, I've had two books cooking in my head. I thought I would do the "self help" (basically a recovery book based on things I went through and learned, with an eye towards helping others who are in that boat) first. The other book is a novel. For now, I'm keeping the subject hush hush.

I've started the novel. It just kept thudding at my heart like a big beast wanting to explode its way out.

So.... as I research and write it, and as I continue to teach, I'm afraid this blog is falling by the wayside. I'm actually starting to consider cashing out a mutual fund or two and taking a couple semesters off so I can finish this book without distractions. It will probably never be of the best seller variety and god only knows if it would even find a publisher, but the hell with it. If I have to self publish and lose scads of money, so be it. All I know is that it needs to get out of me.

So now you know. Oh, no doubt I'll be popping in and out every now and then with little things I want to share, but this is why my scribbling has dropped way off. I'm just scribbling on another project.

3 comments:

Rita Scranton said...

Shut up and write!

Eileen Pennington said...

The writing must be done
~ Guin R

Joyce said...

You two are funny LOL