Thursday, August 22, 2013

H is for Hackjob: Them Sons-o-Beeyotches!

I owe the cyberworld an apology. Well, it's not really my fault--I'm not quite sure who or what is at fault, beyond the hacker himself--but apparently my Twitter account got hijacked and I've been tweeting people that they should try Dr. Oz's diet plan.

Now, here is the truth. I never actually (or rarely, anyway) actually tweet anything. I simply have this blog connected to both Facebook and Twitter through Networkedblogs.com, so whenever I post something, the blog post automatically feeds to both Twitter and Facebook. And that about sums up the extent of my tweeting.

It's not clear where the hack actually occurred. At first I thought it might just be me, so I changed my Twitter password to something I hope I can remember (I think I wrote it down on a little piece of paper around here somewhere). But now Networkedblogs is down, so it's possible that it was actually their site that got hacked, and I was just an unwitting twit of a client. Twit. Get it?

Regardless, if you got a tweet from me telling you to go on a diet, I do apologize. I don't think you need to go on a diet. All of my friends and all of my readers are perfectly beautiful or handsome just the way they are.

No comments: