Friday, June 7, 2013

Tomorrow's Belmont Pick 4: Clueless!

Well, the track should be muddy for the Belmont Stakes tomorrow, so I'm looking for the mudders and the ones that are bred to get the distance. Orb, Revolutionary, Golden Soul, and Will Take Charge are the four that float to the top. Oxbow should get the distance, but you don't really wire the Belmont unless your name is Secretariat. Unlimited Budget can handle an off track but is a little questionable at the distance. She will also get bet down because she's a filly, Rosie is up, and people are hoping for another Rags to Riches. A lot of 'cappers are also liking Freedom Child, who wired the Peter Pan over this track when it was sloppy. Then again, as I said, you don't really wire the Belmont Stakes.

The one million guaranteed Pick 4 begins with Race 8, but that's a turf race and god only knows if the race will be over the turf or the main track. Mizdirection and Better Lucky have both won over a sloppy dirt track. The rest are a question mark on dirt, and who knows what the scratches will be. But it's a strong field: Hungry Island, Stephanie's Kitten, and Centre Court are all contenders. Dayatthespa can't be discounted, either. So, now I've just named the entire field with the exception of one. Given that, I may just go with the ones offering the best value and keep my fingers crossed for an upset.

Race 9: I like four: Capo Bastone, Zee Bros, Clearly Now, and Declan's Warrior.

Race 10: Another turf race that may wind up on the main track, but if you're looking for a single, it's probably Point of Entry. Optimizer, Bombaguia, and Twilight Eclipse are possibles.

But honestly, I have no clue what my Pick 4 ticket will look like until I see the scratches. Given that, I'll post my ticket here tomorrow once I make up my mind.

Update: this morning's news is that the rain has tapered off and the sun is peeking out, so the main track may actually be pretty dry by the Belmont Stakes. Also, the two races above on turf are remaining on turf, though naturally it will be yielding. No info yet on scratches.

No comments: