Saturday, June 8, 2013

Meet Metal Peacock, Justin Bieber

Bieber
Far be it from me to even try to top the Bloggess and her famous Beyonce, the metal chicken, post. In fact, if you haven't read it, you must--it's here.

It's one of my favorite blog posts ever. I'm also 100% sure Chelle has never seen it.

So, imagine my stunned surprise when I came home from Egypt to find this metal peacock in our house. It even swings back and forth. Do you remember those little fake birds that would swing back and forth as if dipping their tiny beaks in a birdbath or a cup of water or whatever possessed their owners to place in front of them? When I was growing up, it seemed like everybody over 50 had one on a windowsill.

To my relief, Bieber the Peacock (thus have I dubbed him) isn't meant to stay in our home--he's a gift for Chelle's dad, who likes metal sculptures, and the added bonus is his peacockness (Bieber's, not Chelle's dad's) because our 2 year-old nephew, Christopher, likes peacocks. So, when Christopher visits his grandpa, he'll have Bieber to play with.

In the meantime, our cats have Bieber to play with. Jerry particularly likes him.

Jerry hearts Bieber

No comments: