Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Books!


So I have a week and a half before summer session starts, and even then (since I tutor in summers), I won't have to bring work home. This means I can read for pleasure!

On my plate: Zahi Hawass' book, of course, and then another one I'm halfway through that I picked up in Egypt called Omm Sety. I also have already dipped into a novel called Azazael by Yossef Ziedan, which won the Arabic version of the Pulitzer or Booker Prizes in 2009. (It's about a monk, not a demon.) On my Kindle I have Dan Brown's new novel and a couple of Maggie Hope mysteries by Susan Elia MacNeal, Princess Elizabeth's Spy and His Majesty's Hope. I'm also about halfway through Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander. Thus, Tigger is in her happy place.

2 comments:

Rebecca S. Mahoney (Becky) said...

I am in the midst of Dan Brown's Inferno and just finished Eben Alexander's book. Both of them, thought provoking. Probably Dan Brown's more than the Dr. Alexander's! I'm already a believer in heaven!

Joyce said...

Interesting to get the story from a neurosurgeon who hadn't previously believed in NDEs, though....