Thursday, May 2, 2013

Kentucky Oaks

Well, there is so much speed in this race that it sets up nicely for the likely favorite, Dreaming of Julia. That is, if she can catch Baffert's speedy filly, Midnight Lucky. Both of these are likely to sit just off the pace.

Unlimited Budget might get up for a piece, and Beholder, Rose to Gold, and Close Hatches may hang on for a piece. If you have deep pockets, you might toss in Silsita, too, as she is improving, but then again her worst race ever was on dirt.

I will probably use Julia and Lucky in the one-two spots and Oaks-Derby Double.

My superfecta will be 2,8/2,8/3,4,11/3,4,11. There will be no dime superfectas, so that's about as rich as I'm willing to go.

Good luck!

Added: For the Oaks-Derby double, since I'm doing favorites in the Oaks, I'm going to pass on favorites in the Derby. I think Revolutionary, Normandy Invasion, and Goldencents have a decent shot, although yeah... Orb is the horse to beat.

No comments: