Friday, May 3, 2013

Kentucky Derby Picks: Clueless!

Well, my picks for today sucked.

I swear I jinx myself whenever I post a ticket.

So all I'm going to say is that two of the horses in the Derby field, Revolutionary and Orb, are particularly bred for running in the slop, and Revolutionary has won over a sloppy track. So I'll definitely play those two.

And, I have to root for Kevin Krigger (aw, c'mon, I watched the kid at Emerald Downs, and then come down to Golden Gate Fields, and then finally to SoCal). I'd also be a disgrace to my sex if I didn't root for Rosie.

Other possibilities in what, to me, is shaping up to look like a total crapshoot are Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday, and Verrazano.

Could also be worth it to just bet to win any horse with odds over 20-1.

In short, I'm clueless. Honestly, I'll have to see how the track is playing and whether the rain stops and things start drying out before I make any final decisions.  If I have any great epiphanies, I'll post more tomorrow, but at the moment, this is all I got, peeps.

No comments: