Friday, March 8, 2013

Do Some Good in The World



Right now Kiva is letting you make your first $25 loan for free and at no risk at all. So there is no reason to not pick a borrower and make a microloan that could really help change someone's life much for the better.

I liked the concept, so I used PayPal to fund a second $25 loan. When that money is paid back, I can relend it to someone else, then someone else, and then someone else, and so on, ad infinitum. And yes, if you believe helping others should start right here at home, Kiva does help individuals living in the United States. My first two loans were to women living in the US. After that, I will probably "diversify" and loan it to people in other countries as well.

I like the idea of the same $25 loan going all over the world to make a genuine difference in the lives of real people, the "little people" like you and me. (To me, $25 is basically four large mochas at Starbucks.) Besides, I've got plenty of coffee at home.

So, what are you waiting for?



No comments: