Monday, December 10, 2012

The Here and the Now

We are twelve days away from the Winter Solstice (3:12am on the 21st here, to be precise) and entry into the Age of Aquarius. The Mayan calendar also ends on this date. What should we expect to happen?

Nothing. Nada. Zilch. It is not the end of the world, although some may see it as such (those who believe we are already in End Times, for example). But it's merely a shift, leaving the Age of Pisces to the next age in the progression--you can think of it as a change in seasons. Shifts don't happen like a fingersnap every 26,000 years or so. We've been already shifting (some argue the current shift to Aquarius started with the Renaissance or Enlightenment, in fact). The New Age movement has been around for a while. In other words, our whole lives we've been on the cusp anyway.

The only thing to expect is continual change--and it's up to each one of us to decide whether our own personal changes will be positive and creative, or negative and destructive. Either way, you will evolve whether you like it or not. You'll either be aware of it, or you won't. You can be excited about this, or you can be afraid or merely apathetic.

Me, I see this as an exciting time to be alive. Maybe it's because I've been meditating more lately or connecting more with my spirituality, but my dreams are becoming more vivid and I'm becoming aware of guides or helpers sent my way. Certainly I've become--and this could also be a function of my age, fifty--I'm quite less concerned with material things and much more concerned with fulfilling my purpose for being here in this incarnation. In all things the answer is compassion. Forgiveness. Treating others well even if they spit on you. (Sometimes they spit on you and aren't even aware they're doing it.) My temper is really evening out. Whereas (especially when I was a drinker) I would occasionally go on a rant or a pitch a tiny fit over some injustice, now these things are more likely to fill me with sadness and I do what I can to appeal to the goodness in others. Very few people are actually hateful. It's just that most hateful people feel hated or misunderstood, and that is the problem.

I'm reading more, painting more, playing music more.

The Age of Aquarius is an invitation from the Cosmos to evolve past third dimension materialism. It's personal. It's inner alchemy, inner transformation. Find your Truth and follow it. The Kingdom of Heaven is already here--look into your heart and you will see. The time is here; the time is now.

No comments: