Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Robin Williams on Alcoholics



His is a reasonable theory about blackouts--your conscience is vacating the scene: "Dude, you're about to fuck a hobbit--see ya!"

Some of the most ridiculous things I've ever done happened when I was in a total blackout.

I once asked a friend I had gotten--ahem, a little too friendly with--when I was drunk why she had gone along with it. "Couldn't you tell I was in a blackout?"

"No. I just thought you were drunk."

Leaving the preposterousness of that aside (how sexy is a drunk? Not very), I asked, "Was I repeating myself a lot?"

"Yes. Yes, you were."

"That's how you know someone is in a blackout."

And then you're stuck in the awful position of realizing you've just fucked your friend and when you're sober, you are about as romantically interested in her as in a whiteboard eraser.  It's a mess.

If this describes you, get sober.


3 comments:

Eddie said...

Ha! That is very funny...thank you for sharing. I was a blackout drinker and thank god that I am sober today! I got help from a sober living called New Life House. Check out the site if you are looking for help. <a href="http://www.newlifehouse.com> New Life House - A Structured Sober Living </a>

Eddie said...

New Life House - A Structured Sober Living

Joyce said...

Thanks Eddie. I'm sober a little over three years now, and I sure don't miss that craziness. :)