Thursday, May 3, 2012

Picks for Kentucky Oaks 138



Here's who I like for tomorrow. Eating more chalk than I like but then again that can make for some singles.

Race 6: Plum Pretty
Race 7: Contested (add Good Deed)
Race 8: Stephanie's Kitten (add potential upsetter Welcome Dance)
Race 9: Mucho Macho Man, Successful Dan, Nate's Mineshaft
Race 10: Silver Max, Gung Ho, Blueskiesnrainbows, and Flashy Dresser
Race 11 THE OAKS: Sigh--I want to like Believe You Can, but there's too much speed in this race. So you have to go with On Fire Baby, Summer Applause, Broadway's Alibi, and chalky-assed Grace Hall. (I think I may have a constitutional aversion to betting Dutrow, though.) Tastier odds on a Baffert filly who might just blow past them all at the bitter end: Jemima's Pearl.

On my Oaks-Derby Double Ticket, I'm doing On Fire Baby, Summer Applause, and Jemima's Pearl with Bodemeister, Union Rags, and Went the Day Well. If you have deeper pockets, toss in Take Charge Indy and Daddy Nose Best.

UPDATE: I did do an Oaks--Woodford--Derby Pick 3 (.50 bet for $22.50) as follows:
Race #1    05/04/2012
*Oaks/Woodford/Dby P3
$0.5 Pick-3
# 1,2,8
WT # 2,6,7
WT # 3,4,6,10,13
$22.50

No comments: