Friday, May 4, 2012

Kentucky Derby 138 Picks



Well, close counts only in horseshoes, and although my 'capping for Oaks Day wasn't bad (picked 4 winners of 6), I'm kicking myself for second-guessing myself on the Oaks. (See post below for why I talked myself out of betting the filly that won!) So, this time I'll try to not overthink it. Here goes:

Race 6: Bridgetown, Chamberlain Bridge, toss Great Mills who needs the turf firm, add Great Attack instead. Potential upsetter in Spinning Move, who loves it wet.

Race 7: Smiling Tiger (runs best off the layoff), Amazombie, Shackleford

Race 8: Marketing Mix, Daisy Devine, Tapitsfly (Aruna scratched)

Race 9: Sassy Image, Groupie Doll, Musical Romance (I've always liked Switch but that's one long layoff)

Race 10: Turallure, Doubles Partner, Data Link

Race 11 THE KENTUCKY DERBY: good field this year. Honestly, I want to see Bodemeister win. But who knows if he'll rate happily behind Hansen and Trinniberg? Fingers crossed that he does, and when they tire, he bolts. My second choice is Union Rags. I also like Creative Cause (and pray that his feet are okay). Daddy Nose Best, Went the Day Well, and the undefeated Gemologist are my other choices.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with your picks

Joyce said...

Thanks. Off track today, may have to recap. But main track should be dry by Derby time. Speed did not hold in the first race.

Turf will be soft/yielding.

I will post any adjustments but it just may be another day for longshots!