Friday, January 6, 2012

Painting Zenyatta



Well, I'm done with tiny Egyptian gods and goddesses for awhile and have moved on to more ambitious things. I've decided to try my hand at a painting of Zenyatta playing in the snow at Lane's End. Now I'm not good enough a draftsman to make it totally realistic--not that I possess the skill and technique to do that anyway--so I'm just aiming for something that's kind of similar and is pleasing on the eye--more about creating a mood, I guess, one about how I feel when I think about the great Zenyatta finally getting to relax and be herself after thrilling us all, time after time, race after race, when she'd charge down the stretch to the wire and win by a head, drawing away.

At first I was making this video for a friend, and then it occurred to me to just put this on my blog for everybody to see.

Artists: all advice is welcome since this is my first painting like this, and honestly I'm just learning as I go along.

2 comments:

Di said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the music you have playing while you are doing this... awesomeness! I can't wait to see the finished Zen.... looking good so far. I am so happy to see you doing this... it pleases my heart. Not really sure why but it sure does.

ps.. I just watched you sing/play the Eagles Lying Eyes... that one never made it to my in box. You made me smile. But then you always make me smile Joyce!

*hugs*

Joyce said...

Where'd you find the Eagles video?

Oh, it must be the one on Youtube. I made that for my friend ML because she had the Eagles cranked the other day and her daughter Emily went over and turned it down. So I made that for ML to play LOUDLY in Em's ear while she was sleeping hahahaha