Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Steampunk Jesus


Now, I love me some Jesus just as much as the next guy or gal, but this is just funny. If Jesus has the sense of humor I'd like to think he has, he'd see the humor, too.

Now in my own belief system (which no one else has to embrace), Jesus was not a God who became a man, but he was a man who (in comparison to us regular folk) became a God. In my own Space Age New Age-y way of thinking, which is kind of like a cross between scientific rationality and spiritual knowing, Jesus was a Grand Master, using inner knowledge, personal enlightenment, and his relationship to the Divine (whatever that is) to evolve beyond what humankind normally is: but he showed us the path, said "Follow Me," to strive to be like him, and yeah, that we'd either get there intact, or we'd all kill each other off. In short, the true judgment is by our works--our actions (Not our faith, but by what we do.) Evolve together or kill each other. You choose.

Anyway, this will be blasphemy to some, but it's freeing to me. I like the idea of humankind being a continually evolving work-in-progress. Some days I don't really feel very much like we're on the improve, and when I look at the current crop of GOP potential Presidential nominees, I wonder if another Dark Ages isn't impending. America as plutocratic theocracy. Shudders.

Actually, I think maybe even Jesus would shudder. Certainly Steampunk Jesus would. Everyone needs access to the basic necessities, or none of us thrive.

1 comment:

spiritualswag23 said...

haha I LOVE this. Thank you for sharing this article and photo I loved reading it. Perception and heart are quite the keys. Conscience as well. Again, thank you for this funny and also lovely summary <3