Saturday, July 2, 2011

Friendship

Nice thought in my inbox this morning from Daily Meditations.

"I will value the comfort of friendship and hold a true friend dear. Soul is expressed through human relationship; care of relationships is care of the soul. Relationships are what trigger my anxieties. Intimacy acts like a black light under which my emotional cracks show up. In a close friendship I have an opportunity to see and feel those cracks, to allow them to be looked at so that I can work with them and heal. A friend is someone with whom I can explore my limits and become more of me."

To this I would add, and it's mutual. Friends are mirrors into which we glimpse each other's souls, and our own.

I'm grateful for all my friends and the gifts they give me on a daily basis.

No comments: