Thursday, May 5, 2011

Kentucky Oaks

Well, looks like it may be an off track tomorrow, but the showers are supposed to be in the morning, so the track shouldn't be slop. Word is Zazu likes a wet track. So she gets a checkmark from me.

I want to toss out Joyful Victory since she's on the rail, but after looking at the Form, I just can't. Not only does she look good on paper, but I also like trainer Larry Jones (I hit the Oaks superfecta the year Proud Spell won); Zenyatta's pilot, Mike Smith, is up; and she is just a gorgeous filly.

I also like Kathmanblu, so there ya go. The three fillies with the shortest odds. Bah! I hate races like this. But there are some others to consider if they look good in the post parade and you hate eating too much chalk. These are Plum Pretty, Daisy Devine, and Summer Soiree.

I will probably cobble together several tickets using variations on these six. (I'll use Joyful Victory and Zazu in my Oaks-Derby Double along with Shackleford and Animal Kingdom.) Good luck! May they all come home safely.

No comments: