Friday, December 3, 2010

Zenyatta by Chelle Pell

Forgive me while I take a minute to brag on my wife. Her photographer's eye just keeps getting better and better. On Wednesday, she flew down to Los Angeles to visit the backside at Hollywood Park and get some photos of Zenyatta before the great mare ships out to Lane's End in Kentucky. She snapped many photos, but here is the "money" shot:


Now, what you're looking at is actually my iPhone photo of the photo she took, so her original is even sharper, but this gives you the general idea.

Last night Chelle spent about five hours printing about 200 of these, and this morning she overnighted them down to southern California. Sharla at the Second Race will be selling 8 x 10's and 5 x 7's of this photo on glossy or mat stock this Sunday, December 5, where Zenyatta will make her last appearance before departing California. If you're there, be sure to pick one up, as all proceeds go towards horse rescue.

I'm proud of my wife, both for her artistry and for her generous spirit.

No comments: