Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Day After Christmas

A reader's fantasy, huh?

Our forecast snowstorm eluded us, so no snowshoeing for me, which is just as well since Chelle also saw fit to give me her cold for Christmas. This morning I took some time to show her how to do a "vampire cough" into the crook of her arm.

Derby and Jerry gave Mom a game of Apples to Apples for Christmas (which I enjoyed playing when I was in rehab!), so we spent the morning playing several rounds of that. I'd planned on taking some time to record grades and start posting them today, but I'm feeling a little too punky for serious work. Thus I will return to Netflix and making my way through the Monarchy series (and as far as I can see, Henry did indeed usurp the throne from Richard, and it's making me want to go back and read my Shakespeare once again. Then again, the Bard couldn't upset Elizabeth because they were pretty carefree about lopping off heads back in those days).

Santa Anita's opening day is today, so naturally I will root for Smiling Tiger.

I hope Santa was good to everyone, and may I say I really like the bathroom scale here at the Pell household because this morning it told me I'm down five more pounds, and I know that is not even remotely possible given all the candy snarfing I've been engaging in lately. I just won't step on the scale when I get back home.

My second Christmas sober, so yeehaw.

No comments: