Thursday, November 18, 2010

Seattle, Here I Come!


I'm off to Seattle tomorrow to meet up with a good friend and go see both of Brandi Carlile's concerts with the Seattle Symphony. Also we'll see the Picasso exhibit at the Seattle Museum on Saturday. Her birthday is Monday, so I'll have to think of a good surprise (which I am not about to write any more about here since she reads this blog.)

It's a S U R P R I S E!

I doubt I'll be blogging during the trip, though if I have photos and a spare moment, I may. Chelle is holding down the fort at home and, alas, will have to spend three nights snuggling with the kitties instead of me. Wouldn't you know our friend Sharla of The Second Race is vising Nocal this weekend while I'm away and is dropping by the house for dinner and to check out our "Horse Museum." Next time, Sharla....

In other news, Zenyatta will be retired to Lane's End farm in Versailles, KY, so another visit to bluegrass country will be in order one day to drop by and say hello to her. Lane's End is by appointment only, but usually the farms are pretty accommodating to fellow horsemen (horse people?) For sure it'll have to be when the weather's better. Micki, Janett, Matt, and Dawn, are you reading this? Make a note.

See y'all in a few days.

No comments: