Friday, November 5, 2010

Saturday Picks for Breeders Cup

Well, fillies and mares in general can be a lot less predictable than the boys (women: we're so much more complicated), so let's hope I can get a winning ticket today!

Race 5 (BC Sprint): I like Smiling Tiger and I hope Russell Baze doesn't mess up the ride. He's a great jockey, don't get me wrong, but he seldom wins the big races outside of California. I am really hoping he has better racing luck, because I've seen Smiling Tiger run a couple of times now, and that horse is FAST! He also just had a bullet over the track at Churchill Downs. Speaking of bullets, Big Drama had a nice one too, and this is a sprint. I also like Atta Boy Roy and will toss in Riley Tucker as well.

Race 6 (BC Turf Sprint): Turf sprints are a nightmare and this is a huge field. I don't think California Flag will win this year; his form isn't the same. You have to like Silver Timber, Chamberlain Bridge, Bridgetown, and Rose Catherine, who've all won multiple times at the distance. I might use Quick Enough, as well, as a longshot--he was in a dead heat with California Flag a couple races back, and Doug O'Neill is using P Val, who is the go-to speed jockey on the West Coast.

Race 7 (BC Juvenile): Well, you could safely single Uncle Mo if you care to eat a little chalk. But there are two other undefeated horses invading the US in this one: Biondetti (Europe) and Murjan (Peru). They should be tasty longshots. Then there's Boys at Tosconova, who has won over this track and matches Uncle Mo with the 102 Beyer.

Race 8 (Turf Mile): Come on, you KNOW I have to root for Goldikova! But if you don't want to single her, add Gio Ponti and then Sidney's Candy, who woke up on turf at Del Mar. He wired the field like it was nothing.

Race 9 (Dirt Mile): Everyone loves Here Comes Ben. Jerry Bailey was asked who his "best bet" of the entire Breeders Cup would be this year, and Ben was his choice. People like Tizway, too. (And did you hear that Hollywood wants to film the story of Mine That Bird? What?? Why??! Why is this horse even in this race??)

Race 10 (Turf): Behkabad, Debussy, Workforce, Winchester.

Race 11 (Classic): Duh. ZENYATTA!!!!!!!! (Okay, if you want to add anyone else, then it should be Blame and Lookin At Lucky. That will probably be my trifecta.)

Good luck!

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Here's the ticket I did for my late Pick 4:

Race #8 11/06/2010
CHURCHILL DOWNS
$1 Pick-4
# 3,9,10
WT # 2,5
WT # 2,4,6,7
WT # 8

Joyce said...

Here's the middle Pick 4... had to single somebody to make it affordable, but uneasy about that last leg. Will do cover bets with the unbeaten colts for sure.

ace #4 11/06/2010
CHURCHILL DOWNS
$0.5 Pick-4
# 1,6,8,9
WT # 1,5,10,11
WT # 1,5,7,9
WT # 7
$32.00

Matt said...

Good luck!

Joyce said...

No picks from you today?

I'm thinking I might do better with the individual race bets, exactas, tris, etc.

I sent you a text. ;-)

Good luck to you too. Let me know if your brother has any horses he thinks are a cinch.

Joyce said...

I SUCK!

Hahahha