Sunday, October 3, 2010

Zenyatta and I Share a Moment


See? I am living a charmed life nowadays.

We flew down to Los Angeles on Friday to see Zenyatta run in the Lady's Secret Stakes on Saturday. Hollywood Park was packed, but we had reserved a box with a decent view of the finish line, so once again we got to see the great Zenyatta come from behind and win (this time) her 19th race.

Now she heads into the Breeders Cup Classic this year for her 20th and last race. She'll be up against Lookin At Lucky, Richard's Kid, and Quality Road, not to mention some other great horses, and she'll have to travel for this one, so she'll have her work cut out for her. If she can retire with a perfect career, it will be something to remember for the rest of my life.

I've blogged before (here) about meeting Zenyatta, but that day I didn't get to touch this amazing mare since it was the day before a race. This morning I got to get up close and personal.

Yeah, she was checking my pockets out for peppermints. LOL!

I love this horse. Win or lose, I know I'm going to cry after the Classic.

No comments: