Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let's Go, Giants!!

Today I look like a pumpkin!

But my students loved it and were all a-bustle this morning with excitement over tonight's game. By golly, if I were still drinking, tonight would be one of those all-out blow-out bashes down at Sneakers, the local sports bar, or maybe BJ's Brewhouse, which also has good microbrew on tap and more than a few wide-screen flat panel tv's.

But, alas, I don't drink anymore, so we'll just be watching the game at home. I did promise to make some chili in the crockpot and bake a pan of cornbread, maybe toss a green salad. Chelle will, no doubt, have a couple beers, but she is one of the fortunates who was born with a "stop" button. It's also a nice, bright, crisp and chilly fall day, so we'll probably light a fire in the fireplace and get all warm and toasty.

Unless we score last-minute tickets to the game! Presently around $400 on Stubhub and Craigslist, ouch.

On a side note, maybe I'll think of something more serious to blog about this afternoon. I was musing in the car this morning on the way to work about something my sponsor told me a while back, which I've been mulling. Until then ...

Go Giants!

No comments: