Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hanging at the Jockey Club

I am receiving complaints from my Facebook friends that my blog is getting boring. They are clamoring for me to start writing fiction starring them as the main characters. However, that kind of thing takes time. First I have to mentally transform Heather into a 28 year-old marathon runner and Shannon into the world's only goalie that Mia Hamm and Brandi Chastain were ever unable to score off of.

In the meantime, feel free to read a real piece of fiction I have published (years ago) here.

And feel free to view the video of me, Chelle (who pulls a superb doo-doo face), Stacia, and her mom at the Jockey Club today. So far I am down $24 on an early Pick 4 that I lost in the first leg. (NOTE: Blogger doesn't appear to handling QuickTime videos today; I'll try later. In the meantime, I'll upload it to Facebook for your viewing pleasure.)

video

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the short story - nice video too.

Joyce said...

Thanks Shannon.

You DO know that Chelle used to be a goalie? Unfortunately, Brandi Chastain did in fact once score four goals off of her in one game (when they were both teenagers).

They're buddies nowadays, LOL