Friday, August 6, 2010

Back Home

This cat slept on top of me all last night. If I rolled over on my side, he climbed back up onto my hip and balanced himself there to sleep. When I woke up this morning, Chelle told me I was on my back when she woke up, and he was on my chest with his butt in my face. She also said I was snoring, but I don't believe that part.

Today, Jerry has been following me around like a puppy, and as you can see, whenever I sit down, he gets on my lap.

Sweet boy, I guess he missed his mama.

Derby, on the other hand, slept on Chelle's pillow all last night and occasionally wanted to give me kisses.

So, much to our great pleasure, our kitties weren't mad at us at all.

It's good to be back home and out of the humidity. The cab driver to the airport was teasing us about how visitors to New Orleans got both baked and broiled.

That's about right.

Today it's laundry, mailing souvenirs to friends, and Chelle is making a Cajun shrimp dish with rice tonight. I have a leftover praline to have for dessert. This morning I made chicory coffee, so we are definitely still in The Big Easy in spirit.

Santa Rosa Fair tomorrow ... and Zenyatta will go for 18 wins in a row at Del Mar.

And now I think I need a nap!

No comments: