Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hangin' at the Gilroy Garlic Festival

Now, I have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area since July 1997. In all this time, I have never ventured south to Gilroy for the annual Gilroy Garlic Festival. I love garlic, but I'm not crazy about crowds.

This year, Chelle and our friend Stacia traveled the hour to Gilroy. You have never seen such a thing. Garlic EVERYTHING! Garlic wine, garlic chocolate, roasted garlic, garlic chicken stir fry, garlic ice cream, and the deliciousness we experienced as shown in the photo: garlic crab French fries.

Stacia and Chelle enjoyed Sierra Nevadas and Shock Top while I stuck with water and Diet Pepsi. We also caught the band Finding Stella at the amphitheater, and I was pleasantly surprised. Chelle went to college with the lead singer, Chris Snyder. I admit I'm not too crazy about their original music, but the woman can channel her some Janis Joplin!

It was a beautiful, sunny day, and I touched up my Hawaii tan.

Life is good.

No comments: