Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Signs of the Times

I happened to notice my own blog archive in the sidebar over there just a few moments ago. It's funny. I started this blog shortly after moving to Spokane, Washington, because I was unable to find a job at the time and needed to do something with my time. My first year of blogging, I was pretty devoted to it, as you can see:

* ► 2007 (425)
o ► December (17)
o ► November (21)
o ► October (30)
o ► September (26)
o ► August (17)
o ► July (44)
o ► June (37)
o ► May (45)
o ► April (46)
o ► March (72)
o ► February (48)
o ► January (22)

Then we moved back to the San Francisco Bay Area, and the number of posts began dropping off. One reason is that I got my old teaching job back and that ate up some of my time. The other reason is that the alcohol problem that, well, let's just say "re-reared its ugly head" in Spokane took off in earnest, as can be seen here:

* ► 2008 (106)
o ► December (13)
o ► November (22)
o ► October (14)
o ► August (3)
o ► July (11)
o ► June (5)
o ► May (7)
o ► April (9)
o ► March (4)
o ► February (9)
o ► January (9)

Last year, I had essentially given up and barely posted at all because I was so busy belting 'em back. See?

* ► 2009 (42)
o ► November (4)
o ► October (5)
o ► August (5)
o ► July (5)
o ► June (4)
o ► May (1)
o ► April (2)
o ► March (4)
o ► February (4)
o ► January (8)

There are no posts in September because that's the month I was in rehab. They didn't allow us computer access.

Then nothing in Dec and only one in Jan because of Christmas break and because I was focusing on staying sober over the holidays (my first really big challenge). Now I'm better and so my yackitty-yak-yak self is re-emerging from her shell. In three months, I've already exceeded the number of posts for ALL of last year:

* ▼ 2010 (46)
o ▼ March (25)
o ► February (20)
o ► January (1)

I'm posting pretty much something every day nowadays, even if it's just a video of music I enjoy. I find this interesting. The moral of the story, I suppose, is this: if you see me dropping out of sight again, please check in with me. I may sound good nowadays, but I can never take my sobriety for granted.

No comments: