Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'll be seeing you again, I know

Found out my favorite aunt passed away on Monday. Long battle with cancer. I still remember how she took care of Wayne and me often when we were little, when Mom was in the hospital. She indulged us in our fantasy role-play...little Supermen, we were, with bath towels pinned to our shoulders with clothespins so we had capes. Much later on, she totally accepted the fact that I am gay and merely said, in her soft, Southern drawl, "Everybody's got to love somebody, honey." When Grandmother hissed that it was sinful, she consoled me with, "She's just old."

Love you, Vilma. Say hi to Mom and Dad, to Harvey and Steve. To Billy. Come see me in my dreams. Tell Lois she'll have some 'splainin' to do when we all gather together.

RIP

Joyce Ann

No comments: