Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Curlin Gets Horse of the Year


I can't say I'm surprised it went to Curlin instead of my beloved Zenyatta, but I'm doggone happy Curlin got it over Big Brown Ball o' Poo...

The remaining winners are:

Two-Year-Old Male: Midshipman.

Two-Year-Old Filly: Stardom Bound.

Three-Year-Old Male: Big Brown.

Three-Year-Old Filly: Proud Spell.

Older Male: Curlin.

Older Female: Zenyatta. (YAY!!!!)

Male Sprinter: Benny the Bull.

Female Sprinter: Indian Blessing.

Male Turf Horse: Conduit.

Female Turf Horse: Forever Together.

Steeplechase Horse: Good Night Shirt.

Owner: Stronach Stables.

Breeder: Adena Springs.

Trainer: Steve Asmussen.

Jockey: Garrett Gomez.

Apprentice Jockey: Pascacio Lopez.

Congratulations to all the winners!

2 comments:

Margo Moon said...

Yeah, it's so great Curlin racked up the big award two years in a row.

We jumped up cheering when they announced him as winner. (But I do love my Big Brown - that doesn't stop) :)

See the awards show?

Joyce said...

Naw, was busy doing something else.