Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Last Dance: Final Days of Bay Meadows (Part 1)

I tried posting Part One yesterday and for whatever reason, it failed to appear on my blog. So ... here it is. Love the beginning; it's shot on the Caltrain going north up the Peninsula and pulls into the Hillsdale station. I can't tell you how many times I took that ride on the way to my old "home away from home." Another fun tidbit is the short interview with one of the track's characters, exercise rider Joe Hernandez. He's sitting at what was Michelle's bar (Michelle's fans: she's working over at the new OTB facility and says to come visit her!) Joe is the same guy I wrote about here once who pinched me in the love handles and told me he likes gals with a little meat on them. LOL! He's not in Alaska or Hawaii, by the way...he's doing fine over at Golden Gate Fields. For now. :-)

No comments: