Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Sign of the Apocalypse

I'm losing my mind. But, no. My Beautiful Mommy, written by Florida-based plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Salzhauer, is billed by its author as the first book that explains plastic surgery to kids. He says it's an issue with which many of his patients struggle. Read here.

Let's see...Mommy comes home with a tummy tuck, larger breasts, and a different nose (that is the plot, from what I've heard.) The storyline helps the young'uns adjust to the idea(s).

And they thought gay parents were freaky.

3 comments:

Hahn at Home said...

Crikey. This is absolutely ridiculous. Here, Johnny, let me show you why mommy bought into the hype that she wasn't good enough just as she was...

Coffee Counter said...

Sad, but absolutely hilarious.

Margo Moon said...

Well, now, that kid on the cover could use a little mouth reshaping, if you ask me. Never too young to start, right? And look at the homely teddy bear he/she is holding! Major ear work, I'd say. Yep, that entire family is a plastic surgeon's dream.