Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pope Sez Gay Marriage Threatens World Peace


Is a bear holy? Does the Pope sh*t in the woods? Apparently this one does. He likes to poo all over the rights of gay people and women. Da Pope thinks the major threats to world peace, among other things, according to the Pew Forum, are "abortion, birth control and same-sex marriage." This is contained in a 15-page document entitled "The Human Family, a Community of Peace," a papal message for the World Day of Peace, which will be observed Jan. 1.

Da Pope saith: "Everything that serves to weaken the family based on the marriage of a man and woman, everything that directly or indirectly stands in the way of its openness to the responsible acceptance of new life ... constitutes an objective obstacle on the road to peace," Benedict writes.

For me, this represents just more general Papal BULL. Yo, Pope. What really threatens world peace? Get out a pad and take some notes: Religious fanaticism does. (More wars have been fought in the name of God than any other kind of war on this planet.) Inequality based on race, economic status, gender, sexual orientation, and so on, does, or will, in the same way unfair taxation without representation did. (People don't like to be oppressed.) A nutjob President taking advice from a power and money-hungry Fascist VP does. But I doubt very seriously a 40 year-old mom, who already has 5 grown kids and she and her husband can't afford another, so they decide to abort, threatens world peace. And I doubt it very much that my desire to wed my partner threatens world peace.

Keep yer rosaries off'n our ovaries, and keep your Sithian nose outta my bedroom.

Hat tip to Shakes.

3 comments:

Hahn at Home said...

Amazing likeness - I knew I didn't like him!

Joyce said...

I wasn't raised a Catholic, so I can (dis)respectfully say I don't understand bestowing the "word of God" upon ANY human being. Except for Jesus. And that's when things got fuzzy.

Margo Moon said...

As Melissa says on her newest CD,

...he must know it well, in the night it's the hell that he speaks of, that keeps him awake, keeps him awake...