Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Normally my partner and I head out to her parents' for Thanksgiving, except for last year when we lived in Spokane--then we all drove (or flew) to Victoria, BC, Canada for a gathering instead. (And we got caught in a nasty snowstorm on the way back home and had to stay overnight in a hotel outside Seattle.) But this year, my partner has to work the day after Thanksgiving, and needs to go into work for a couple hours on Thanksgiving Day to set up, so ... I'm in charge of the food! Yeehaw! It's been quite a few years since I made a complete Thanksgiving dinner.

We went shopping for the food on Sunday afternoon, so the turkey's been thawing in the fridge. She almost conked me over the head for purchasing an organic turkey for $33. But hey! It's a free range turkey, no antibiotics or growth hormones, so eating it won't make my head as big as Barry Bonds's. That's gotta count for something. Also on the menu: stuffing, gravy, whipped yams, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans, dinner rolls, and pumpkin pie. Carb heaven. I'll make the pie tomorrow night and put it in the fridge (I like pumpkin pie to be cold), and the pie crust will be homemade. I have a recipe from Greens restaurant I've been using for years since it makes, hands-down, the flakiest, most wonderful pie crust I've ever tasted.

Oh, and of course there's champagne chilling as well.

Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Spokane Al said...

And Happy Thanksgiving from Spokane to you and yours as well!

Joyce said...

Hey there, Al! Hope y'all have a great turkey day, and stay warm up there! ;-)

Margo Moon said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Triple Secs!

Wouldn't have hurt my feelings if you'da posted that pie crust recipe. Just sayin'.