Friday, November 2, 2007

California Cup

Tomorrow's the California Cup at Oak Tree, so let's hope I can continue my present winning streak. This time I'll pick at least two horses for each race, and note that last week it seemed my second choice won more often than my first choice. I'll also include two alternates in parentheses.

Race 3, Juvenile Fillies: Runforthemoneybaby and Ice Lady (Love Ya Bye and Cantina's Rose)

Race 4, Turf Distance Handicap Fillies & Mares: Imagine and Memorette (Easy Obsession and Rockella)

Race 5, Matron: Somethinaboutlaura and Bai and Bai (Fun Logic and Swiss Current)

Race 6, Distaff: Dancing Edie and Lady Gamer (Kalookan Dancer and Spenditallbaby)

Race 7, Juvenile Stakes: My Redeemer and Harlene (Sierra Sunset and If It Stays Fair)

Race 8, Sprint: Bilo and Wind Water (Johnny Eves and Excess Temptations)

Race 9, Mile: Now Victory and Jack's Wild (Epic Power and Joy's Comet)

Race 10, Classic: Lava Man and Celtic Dreamin (Bold Chieftain and Tiz Afire)

Race 11 (if you're doing a Pick 6): Brian the Bold and Warren's Scooter (Hy Temp and Apoplectic)

In the second race, Carla Gaines has Joe Talamo on an improving horse named Made the Finals. I don't think he'll be the favorite, and the DRF handicappers are largely overlooking him, so he could offer value. I'll probably toss some money on his nose and toss him in a superfecta with Raise the Heat, Iron Duke, and Yodelen Dan.

In the first, everyone says Flip the Penny should take it, but watch out for Lead Stealer, 'cause he just might do that.

No comments: