Friday, September 7, 2007

Oh Look! It's An Osama bin Laden Double!


By now we've all heard there's a "new" Osama bin Laden video out, with a taped message, transcripts of which are now all over the Internet. Word is voice recognition software/experts are saying it's really him. Uh-huh. If so, I especially love how he taunts the Democratic party for not listening to the American public and forcing a troop withdrawal from Iraq. I guess Osama's been reading Dailykos.

But seriously, the last thing I knew, devout and conservative Muslim men (and bin Laden would fit that description) don't trim their beards nor dye their gray hairs, just as their women don't show skin in public; they hide under their burquas. The dude in the photo above clearly fiddles with his beard. (Well ... it could be a fake beard since, perhaps, bin Laden's hacked his off in order to remain incognito. So to make the video, he applied massive amounts of steel wool to his face.)

Pardon my skepticism, but I suppose I think everything's too coincidental. Osama is here to taunt us all on the eve of September 11, and on the eve of General Petraeus's message to Congress that the surge has truly helped us kick booty in Iraq. He should know. Dubya just met with him to tell him so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there tigger...I stumbled upon your blog while looking for proof that we are f*cked...a la pigs have taken over...

I enjoyed your comments and empathise with your getting back into trail running...as soon as I can afford a new pair of Asics gel trabuco I too will be running the Dipsea again!...Oh I am outa shape...so kudos to you...

Also...dont worry too much...even my conservative-ass brother has finally come around. He said tonight that things have gotten out of hand and he misses his freedom. He misses the little things...like being able to bring hair gel on the plane with him.

So the tide has officially turned as he is your average dunderhead and represents middle intelligence america...gotta love him tho...he is my brother after all...

I added you to my bar...

halebopp

Joyce said...

HaleBopp! I remember that comet! :-)

The Dipsea is serious business. Hard to get in unless you live in Marin. I once thought about running that race; my sister-in-law's dad runs it every year. I'd have to do some serious training to get in shape for that. I hear the stairs alone are enough to kick one's butt.

Your brother sounds like my brother!

Thanks for visting.

Eugene said...

New Osama video seems yet another forgery. Everyone needs Osama alive:
terrorists as symbolic leader and the US Administration - to avoid
scaling down the war on terror.
Obadiah Shoher rightly notes (
http://www.samsonblinded.org/news/osama-commemorates-911-1114 ) that
new Osama talks like a leftist university professor. I like Shoher's
analysis. No way a terrorist leader like Osama would use a speechwriter. Osama is famous
for his rhetoric.
Also, in the tape Osama both threatens America with attack (by
"proving" Americans polytheists) and offers (yet another time)
long-term coaching in Islam.
But his dyed beard makes me cautious. Islam's mujahedeen dye their
beards before battle.

Joyce said...

Thanks for the education. Yeah, that's what I meant when I said it sounds like Osama's been reading Dailykos. Didn't know the part about dyeing the beard before battle, though. Then again, this dude, if he's still alive, is always on the verge of battle.