Saturday, September 15, 2007

Gov. Bill Richardson Redeems Himself

Bill Richardson will never get the Democratic nomination, and certainly not my vote after flubbing miserably in the HRC/Logo debate in which he called homosexuality a choice. (Yes, indeedy, I choose to be gay, just as my partner chooses to be left-handed!) Anyway, I digress. To the man's credit, he did say something yesterday that made me chuckle:
Democratic Presidential candidate Governor Bill Richardson, campaigning today in Iowa, issued the following statement regarding the recent “spying” incident involving the National Football League’s New England Patriots:

“The President has been allowed to spy on Americans without a warrant, and our U.S. Senate is letting it continue. You know something is wrong when the New England Patriots face stiffer penalties for spying on innocent Americans than Dick Cheney and George Bush.”

He's got a point. Of course, apathy is also part of the problem. I still remember overhearing some guy in the San Jose Airport once totally handing over his right to privacy to whomever wants to spy on him: "Hey, I got nuffin' to hide. The only people who have a problem wid dis here domestic surveillance is people doin' she-it they shouldn't be doing."

Moron.

No comments: