Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ah, the Sanctity of Marriage

Oh, dear. Senator Vitter from Louisiana got his hand caught in the cookie jar. Or maybe I should say "hooker jar." Yup, his number's among those on the infamous "DC Madam's" phone list of former clients.

Now, honestly, I don't care that the good Senator hired a 'ho. It's not my business. But what I do care about, as a gay woman, is his blatant hypocrisy. According to CNN.com:
A staunch conservative, Vitter disavowed same-sex unions during his 2004 campaign, boasting that he had co-authored and fought for the Federal Marriage Amendment. He further vowed to protect "the sanctity of marriage."

Seems like he's the one doing more to hurt the sanctity of marriage than I am, yet he'd deny me the right to marry. Bah. Reminds me a lot of Newt Gingrich cheating on his own wife and lying about it while simultaneously calling for the impeachment of Bill Clinton.

No comments: