Saturday, May 5, 2007

Oh Yeah, Bloomsday

I didn't pick up my number yesterday since my butt was parked on a heating pad (see below). Today was up for grabs.

I guess I knew this morning when I was standing at the sink doing dishes. After 10 minutes or so, my back was hurting. Eh. It hurts. I suck.

I was still all for going downtown this morning to at least get my number and packet in case I'm better tomorrow, but my significant other intervened. She told me to stop kidding myself. Finally I caved.

Maybe next year. I'm a wuss. Bloomsday hasn't worked out for me this year. It's been one bad turn of luck after another.

Next year, we should make a group of runners! It's tough to run by yourself without the extra motivation provided by friends, or at least a running partner. And way too easy to be a *ussy if your back hurts, imho.

Anybody know a good chiropractor in town?

5 comments:

Cap'n Dyke said...

I be glad Th'Partner stepped in, Silly Tigger! Tiggers can't run iffin they hurt...

BTW, ye be up in th'Adventures - yer last name begins with a 'T'; later th'rest o' th'Crew will discover what Tigger Th' Cap'n will have by th'tail. ;)

Joyce said...

Um, with all due respect, me Cap'n, please no grabbin' a tigger by th' tail. I freak!

It's a very sensitive spot, if'n ye understand what I'm sayin'.

A tig will take it mightily personal.

Joyce said...

You made me a Chinese pirate! Kewlio! Hey, will all the girls call me "Kox" for short? LOL

Cap'n Dyke said...

Aye, Me Hapless One, an' iffin ye want th'girls t'call ye "Kox", then that be fine too. ;)

Just wait, it gets better...

Joyce said...

I dunno, "Cox" might be too over the, um, top for a gal like me. ;-) Maybe "Slash" since you gave me a big scar on my pretty face. LOL