Thursday, May 3, 2007

Oh No! Slop at Churchill Downs!

Well, if you want a crapshoot, you got it ... fillies in the slop.

Now, they'll say that the best horses don't freak out on an off track and will run anyway, especially one with heart. But as a "filly" myself, I can tell you, we girls need lots o' stuff for everything to turn out right. ;-)

I do think tomorrow's Kentucky Oaks is a big goof and pretty much any horse could win. I posted my favorites the other day. But now, given that they're going to also run on an off track, I will make the following changes to my double:

1. (3) High Heels is a nice shot at 6-1 since she has won on an off track (not worth doing doubles with chalk, my friends!)
2. (8) Swift Temper at 50-1 is almost irresistable since she's won on mud at Churchill Downs when the race was moved off turf to the slop. Otherwise she's normally a turf horse, so she likes a soft track. Add Julien Leparoux to the mix as her jockey, and yummy! If you don't do a double, this horse is worth a "show" bet now, especially if the odds stay as great as 50-1.
(11 and 7) Rags to Riches and Dreaming of Anna. Still hard to not like these girls.

No comments: