Saturday, May 5, 2007

Happy Derby Day!

Naturally I've thrown my back out and spent most of yesterday on a heating pad.

Oh well, 'tain't nothin' a couple of mint juleps can't make feel better!

OK, the Pletcher horse (Rags to Riches) won the Oaks yesterday (super chalky at 8-5), so I didn't bother making that bet. But I was pleased to see High Heels come in 3rd. Another Pletcher horse, Octave, came in second. This tells me that Pletcher's runners are fit right now, so his horses ought to do well in the Kentucky Derby. At least one or two of his five should wind up in the money, you'd think!

Whom do I like to actually win? Ack! No single horse this year floats to the top for me. But I like Street Sense, Hard Spun, Scat Daddy, Cowtown Cat. I also like Circular Quay. Curlin maybe too, but traffic could be a real problem, esp. if Storm in May (horse is blind in the right eye) drifts towards the rail.

Here are a few trifecta boxes: 7-8-14; 2-7-14; 6-14-8; 6-7-8.

I do want to watch a bit and see how the muddy track is playing before I actually place these bets. More later ...

No comments: