Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Derby Draw

Speaking of racing, today's the day of the draw for post positions in the Kentucky Derby. Honestly? There are no horses that really float to the top, except for maybe Curlin but he could be a total fluke (sort of like Bellamy Road ended up being a few years ago) because he's so lightly raced and has never faced a large field of Graded Stakes winners. Given this, I'm getting behind Scat Daddy if he draws a good post ... although there's a rumor flying that's he got a tender foot right now. I'll have to keep an eye on how they say he's training. Last year they said Sweetnorthernsaint wasn't training up to par but he was such a sentimental favorite for me I overlooked that and got scorched by Barbaro.

A lot will depend on the post draws. There are a handful of horses that I think could take it and then some I think are easily tossed out regardless of draw, such as Bwana Bull and others that have simply never even come near a 100 Beyer.

No comments: