Saturday, May 5, 2007

Any Winners?

Eh. I got the Street Sense bet to win (duh) and my partner did an exacta with him and Hard Spun, so we got that.

I am laughing that Curlin hung in to get the third spot. Way to go big guy! You have to love a horse with heart. I can't wait to observe the replays to see what these horses actually went through, bumpin and all, during those two minutes.

The result is so chalky that it's hard to feel bad about it.

Nonetheless I think it's interesting that Street Sense was mostly the only horse in the last furlong along with Hard Spun. Looked like five or more lengths between them and the rest of the field. If Curlin got knocked about too much (as we were afraid he might be), then the Preakness or more probably the Belmont Stakes could wind up more interesting.

I love horse racing! We did get a nice little bundle of cash on the Street Sense/Hard Spun exacta. I did like Curlin somewhat as well, but it just so happened that I didn't put those all three together--irritated that I didn't.

If anything, I am feeling bad for Todd Pletcher. He seems cursed. Not one of his horses showed up in the money, and odds are at least one would do so. Sux. Especially when he's got the best jockeys on the books running for him. I honestly thought at least Scat Daddy or Circular Quay or Any Given Sat would be part of the trifecta. His hosses were nowhere in sight. Amazing!

Tsk. So let's look at Street Sense to perhaps hit the Preakness? I do like it that he's finally burst the Breeder's Cup Juvenile Curse. Watch him and Hard Spun as they train the next week or so...But watch out for Curlin or for the others who've been bred to run all day.

No comments: