Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Brilliant!

OMG, this is too funny. From CNN.com:
Former President George Bush told CNN's Larry King Monday that the electorate may be experiencing "Bush fatigue."

And it may be the reason his son, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, is sitting out the 2008 presidential election, the 41st president said.

"There's something to that -- there might be a little Bush fatigue now," former President Bush told CNN's Larry King when asked if he agreed with a recent assessment from GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney that Jeb Bush would currently be a frontrunner for the Republican party's presidential nomination if his last name wasn't Bush.
I think we all need this on a t-shirt! "I have Bush Fatigue."

Except, of course, some smart aleck will then come along and say, "Well, trim."
Tip o' the pen to the folks at Shakesville.

14 comments:

Spokane Al said...

I suspect the same issue could be facing Hillary (Clinton Fatigue) as well. Many are not very excited about a Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton presidential line.

Joyce said...

Yeah, I think I once mentioned to you in an email that the Clintons were working on a dynasty, too, and that worried me.

But honestly? More than anything, I was amused by the Bush pun. I know. I never grew up.

Though I'm sure we'll see more of Jeb Bush one day.

Cap'n Dyke said...

I want a T-shirt!!!!!

Ummm, could I have that with a gorgeous woman in it an' a grog t'go, please?

Joyce said...

Cap'n! Welcome back! Rumor has it you've been in DC. I'm sure you and your best mate did us all proud.

I have a better t-shirt for you than the weak sauce I mentioned above. It has a two pics: one of a gorgeous woman flashing a bit of, um, bush. And then a pic of Pres. Bush.

The caption is, Good Bush. Bad Bush.

Alas, there is no grog. ;-(

Cap'n Dyke said...

No grog? But...why is all th'grog gone? ;)

Alas, Th' Cap'n already has that t-shirt, Me Hapless One. I like t'wear it when I visit nursin' homes.

Joyce said...

The Partner drank it all!

Cap'n Dyke said...

Well, Me Hapless One, ye need t'tell th'Partner t'get o'er here an' receive her just punishment then... ;)

Joyce said...

That could be interesting. D'ya mind if I bring along to popcorn to munch on as I watch? ;-)

Cap'n Dyke said...

Naughty Tigger, yer wish be granted, but if she'd like that then ye can't because it will be part o'her punishment. Th' Cap'n likes it when someone takes an interest in her hard work!

P.S. Tell her she can't be bringin' her shotgun.

Joyce said...

Hmm. OK, no shotgun.

However, if you really want to torment her, then you'll make her watch while you punish tigger. ;-)

Cap'n Dyke said...

Now, why do I think that be like Briar Rabbit tellin' me not t'throw 'em in th'briar patch?

Joyce said...

Well, fiddle-dee-dee, Ah would nevah try reverse psychology on the Cap'n! :::fluttering eyelashes::::

Cap'n Dyke said...

As I suspected, I be thinkin' ye just want both o'ye punished at th'same time. What are ye tryin' t'do, wear out Th' Cap'n???

Because then I'd be needin' a place t'sleep an' I would be expectin' Coffee an' Kahlua in th'mornin' with me cinnamon rolls...

Joyce said...

I thought pirates ate porridge for breakfast!

No punishments for us. We like only rewards. ;-)