Sunday, February 25, 2007

I Am No Longer a Snowshoeing Virgin


Woke up this morning to the sound of Jerry thrusting his head through the vertical blinds, letting in the glare of ... blinding white light. I am either dead, or ... I hopped up and peered out the window. Yup! Snow, snow everywhere. So, what better thing than to finally try out the snowshoes Chelle's mom and dad got us for Christmas? Here I am, having seriously mastered the art.

We went for a stroll by the golf course,
where the carts were lined up forlornly.


Snowshoeing is a good workout; it must feel akin to walking in gravity boots. The main thing is getting used to the sensation of your foot being 2 feet long and not tripping over yourself. Oh, and the other main thing is burning off calories so we can drink profusely later on at the Steamplant Grill. Appetizers are half off today! But I look like Winnie the Pooh dressed in all those layers ... hmmm, maybe I better stick to salad. ;-)

21 comments:

Cap'n Dyke said...

Winnie th'Pooh. Virgin. White light. Are ye sure ye are still dreamin'? Hell, have somethin' fattenin' iffin ye are!

Joyce said...

Me Cap'n! How you're always bringin' a smile t'me face.

Aye, I am havin' somethin' fattein' now. Grog!

Th'diet starts t'morrow! LOL

Cap'n Dyke said...

Me Hapless One, 'tis me only mission in life t'bring a ray o'sunshine into yer northwesternly life. What a coincidence, I, too, am havin' grog. On egin!

Mmmm, from what I've seen ye don't need t'diet.

Joyce said...

Well, my Cap'n, who shouldn't be tipplin' while watching the Oscars?

But don't ye make yummy sounds at Tigger unless ye be wishin trouble. :-)

Cap'n Dyke said...

Sounds like a challenge...

Joyce said...

Oh, but 'tis.

Cap'n Dyke said...

As I thought.

Joyce said...

Ouch, that dart hurt.

Cap'n Dyke said...

LMFLPQAO! Ouch! Hey, rock-filled piglet dolls be not allowed in this.

Joyce said...

Laughing my funny little panties quietly ... ass off? Dangit. What does that mean? LOL

Cap'n Dyke said...

'Tis a secret piratical code, Ma Chere...it...means...laughingmefuckinlesbianpiratequeenass off. It be on me land-vehicle license plate -- with th'skull an' cross-bones.

Funny lil' panties? I don't wear funny lil' panties!

Joyce said...

Ah, gotcha. Glad I'm a source of amusement. ;-)

A thousand pardons about the funny li'l panties. Tigger forgot Cap'n likes to go nekkid.

Cap'n Dyke said...

Don't forget it, Lippy Tigger. Ye wouldn't want me t'be gettin' out th'cat-o-nine tails...

Joyce said...

Bad Cap'n!

Anonymous said...

Flatterer.

Cap'n Dyke said...

Ummm, must have had a bit too much grog -- commentin' as 'anonymous' indeed...

Joyce said...

Oooooh! Now I get to call you Cap'n Top! Just don't call me Tigger Bottom. Tigger Switch, maybe.

Cap'n Dyke said...

Ahh, but ye can call me that only if I let ye...

Joyce said...

Well spoken, Cap'n Top! Oops....I mean, um, only after you let me call you that.

(I always did drive very serious tops over the deep end.)

Cap'n Dyke said...

Permission may be granted for th'same after ye bring me a cold grog an'...ummm, well, get inventive, savvy?

Pretty sure o'Yer Self, aren't ye? ;)

Joyce said...

Dang, I guess you'd better teach me a lesson. ;-)

I'm very sure of myself, especially when I have a couple glasses of wine with dinner.